Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

My Many Symptoms Of MSG Poisoning! Kn...

Battling the MSG Myth » Share Your Symptoms » My Many Symptoms Of MSG Poisoning! Knowing This Is The Beginning Of My Road Back To Restoring My Health! « Previous Next »

Sharon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings,

This may be a bit long, but I want to share the many weird symptoms I have gone through all these years.
And finally by the grace of God I found this site through my daughter in-law who shared it with me.

As I go along in hope of recovery, I will write my progress as I get well. (Notice I say, When I get Well?? Because I believe I am going to!)
I believe at this time with all my heart, I finally have some hope.

At the age of 25 I lost my gallbladder and I can almost say I felt like that is when my world began to fill up with symptoms and illness..
I ended up with Asthma not long after. Soon I began to have panic attacks which before they became full blown, I was to every doctor trying find out what was wrong and why my heart was palpitating so bad that I could not walk but a few steps.

I was dizzy, ( so much so, I could not even hold my head up sometimes) felt sometime disconnected from my body, a fuzzy feeling.
Feelings of hot flashes going through my body when at rest.
Finally that ended with full blown panic attacks that soon I could no longer drive a car, nor leave my home.
( I since have recovered through counseling, however still have extreme stress and anxiety problems)

Night terrors ( I still have) Horrible acid reflux that made me weak and so very sick. I would lose my voice because of the burning of my vocal cords (I am a singer so you can imagine the stress of that on my voice) I still get heartburn off and on.
Numbness in my face on one side and tingling. Floaters in my eyes. Numbness in my arms and sometimes legs. Scalp of head gets a crawly feeling as do my legs.
Irritable Bowel problems. At times I would wake up with swollen finger (water retention I believe)

Times when I could hardly swallow. ( I live like this for a good year, had many test done and they could find nothing) A choking sensation, and often a tightening of the throat still to this day.
Depression...who wouldn't be with all these problems!

Weird small blister like bumps on the top of my fingers which have come and gone for years.
Doctors have no idea what they are. Welts under my arms appearing for no reason, which would burned and itch and then they would leave.
I am sure as I sit here I could come up with so much more! I thought I was crazy and the doctors said I was a person who made it all up in her head!.

During all these many years I have had, Ultra sounds on my heart, MRI, Scan of my brain, Tubes down my throat, nose.
MIO View Stress test for the heart. Ultra sound on my thyroid. Chest X-rays and many, many blood test. Many upper and lower GI test.
Been in the ER more then I like to think about.

Now recently in my life at 51 (imagine this all started in my early 20's)
I am still suffering with the tightening of the throat, EXTREME dry mouth is the new symptom. I was getting sores in my mouth and my back of my tongue the large taste buds were swollen for over a YEAR! It was so horrible!
My thyroid feels like it swells up and goes down. My heart goes wacko off and on for no reason. NO energy, tried a lot, yet hard to sleep sometimes.

Hard to speak sometimes, like trying to push words out. And to me the worst, I have gotten Arthritis (I was 49 and was told this type of Arthritis they usually see in much older people). It hit my hands and feet.
I still get an itchy feeling to my body and joints. My legs will hurt and arms too. My hair is thinning more and more. .
I have been tested with some extremely intense blood work which was sent to the Mayo Clinic and a special place in Detroit. I don't even want to know what my doctor was looking for, it so scares me!!! . They thought Lupus at first, then RA, but finally it came to Arthritis.

Went to my digestive doctor for throat and dry mouth, ENT for throat and dry mouth, and dentist for sores and dry mouth. Went to a regular doctor for everything in-between.
No answers...I was glad it was not cancer or something dreadful! But, I was confused at how miserable a human can be with no ANSWERS! I did not want to live the rest of my life in misery.
I felt like a waking sick person.

So here I am, and I do believe this may be my answer. MSG/SULFITE poisoning!!
All these years!

I am now at this time, learning to read labels and start to eat with no MSG.
It is not easy. It has only been 6 days and I have made so many mistakes!
(today was the first time I felt just a little better)

But, I want my life back! I really want to know what it feels like to FEEL good! To have hopes and dreams again.
To have energy and to just be free!

I plan on writing as I go along and I am hoping I can write about the many miracles God will do with me.
I want to someday write, I FEEL SO GOOD!
PRAISE GOD FOR A NEW BEGINNING!
I want to give hope to others. If I can be this sick and get well, there is HOPE!

I only hope that maybe some of the symptoms I have shared will help you to see that so many of us are going through this and you are NOT ALONE!!
It gave me the greatest hope when I read on this board of all the many others who had so many of the symptoms I did!
It was even more uplifting when you read about how they had their life's back again!!

God bless each of you who are in this battle to regain your health.
God can take us through and I know he will be my strength in this journey back to good health!

Sharon :-)

P.S.
Thank you DebA for all your encouragement and time you have given of yourself to make so many aware of the MSG problem.
It only takes one person to reach out and many have profited from your knowledge and wisdom.
Thank you God!
Sharon
Courtney
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 10:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am convinced over the last five weeks since my miracle bag of potato chips (thanks again Frito-Lay for not hiding the MSG!) that MSG is the root of all evil.

And it's the reason I've been hungry for 20 years. Looking back I had a ton of things going on starting when I was six or seven that doctors would say were in my head or just plain call me a liar. So I know exactly what you mean about there being hope after the doctors run out of answers - do you know what it's like to be hungry ALL THE TIME? Luckily I do have some willpower, but it's still annoying to say the least - and frustrating when you know you're full but your brain is still telling you that you aren't. After three weeks and counting, I'm not hungry anymore. Most of the time, I'm just... not. It's confusing - realizing what normal is supposed to feel like - but incredible. I have more energy, more clarity, more everything (except food lol).

Things that they say are in your head are actually in your food. I think you're going to get better, too, Sharon... and I can't wait to read about it. I'm not a religious person but I have thanked God many times over the past month for everyone here. And my deceased Aunt because I'm convinced she sent me to the potato chips. She was a hugely obese woman (400+) and when she was 42, after years of battling asthma, had a massive attack after eating some KFC (Read Carol's site msgtruth.org - it's ALL MSG). She aspirated some food and died. Just like that. Almost 19 years ago. Knowing what I've learned over the past few weeks, I would bet my life that MSG took hers.

But anyway, not about me... hang in there, Sharon... I'm thrilled for you!!
sharon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:22 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Courtney!!!
Thanks so much! I do understand the hunger desire also! I too would eat and eat and still feel hungry even though it seemed my body would feel overwhelmed from eating!!
Sometimes I would cry because I felt like I was addicted or something!! It is actually like I guess, a drug addiction!

As crazy as this may sound, because this is way to hard to believe! I have lost 8 pounds at this point!
I believe a lot was water retention, but no matter, it is gone. :-)
I have struggled with weight throughout my life, not to the point of being obese, but enough that I consider myself very overweight for my height.
You know when you mentioned your aunt I began to think of my Dear Grandma whom I loved so very much.
She had so many problems with her health.
From depression,stomach,arthritis,heart problems, gallbladder removed, heart burn and so on. (always said I seemed to take after my Grams!)
She ate junk not even realizing it was killing her.

She went from doctor to doctor trying to find help and all they did was medicate her, and finally just treat her like she was a nut!
It saddens me to think of the many days and nights she must of cried and could not understand what was wrong.

We did not know back then ANYTHING about MSG.
Now I look back and remember her love for Doritos, Ice Cream and every type of junk food you could think of! We loved to visit her and Grandpa because of all the goodies they had.
We had six kids in my home and so treats did not come to us everyday.
Actually we ate pretty good since we grew up on a farm! So Grams house was Yummy to say the least!

To make along story short, she died without warning after being admitted for stomach pains which she complained about for YEARS to the doctors.
So, for me as I began to look at my own life, my eating habits I understand 100% now how this MSG has affected me and those I love.
I can only began with me and hope that once I began to improve those I love will see the change and just maybe began a change in their lives.

I am blessed that my daughter in-law is the one who found out about MSG and pointed it out to me. She also is on the same road I am now which means my two grandbabies have a better chance at escaping this Poison along with me son. I also have someone to talk with, shop with for better food and share all I am going through. She understands because she herself is suffering terribly and she is so young.
She suffered beginning as a little girl and has struggled all these years feeling alone and scared because her body was going crazy and again, doctors told her so many things to the point she even might have a brain tumor!
I have the utmost belief and faith she is going to regain her health and become free like she has never known before!

I have mentioned to a few about the MSG, however, it seems to overwhelm people.
They just can't imagine that the FDA would ever let a poison like MSG into our food.
Trust the FDA, I sure won't anymore. When I see all new drugs coming out that are now FDA approved, I know in my heart it is all about Money!!!
Again Courtney, just as you are happy for me, I am for you! 20 years is a long time to be hungry all the time!! :-)
Enjoy your new found freedom!!!
John 3:16
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 5:18 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Sharon and welcome. I am so glad you found out about MSG. I'm very new here as well, and eliminating it (and sulfites and preservatives) from my diet has done wonders for me. It may be difficult at first, but stick with it. I never knew how good real food tasted. Now whenever I'm around fast food or prepared food, it just smells so overwhelmingly disgusting. Once in a while I'll think pizza or something like that would be good, but I can't bring myself to even go there. Before, that would have been a killer craving and I wouldn't have stood a chance. It is so bizarre to finally be free from food and not have my life revolve around it. If I get hungry, I no longer feel like I'll explode if I don't eat "NOW." I just go home, grab a piece of fruit and make some real food. I always have some sort of safe food with me.

The easiest thing for me, was to stick to Deb's eating plan, strictly, for a month. Once you've established a routine, it's so much easier to avoid the bad stuff and slowly introduce new (whole) foods.

I rely on the internet for quite a few things and the salmon I get is amazing. So if you can't find something in your area, try the web. Also, I purchased a chest freezer and it makes things so much easier. I premake a weeks worth of lunches on the weekend, then I can just grab and go.

I'm confident you will be feeling much better soon, but don't be discouraged if it takes some time. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 2:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sharon, Courtney & LaurenC, Reading all your posts makes me so glad you found Deb's wonderful site. Some of the symptoms are the same that my mother-in-law had. She went through test after test, even 2 heart operations. I kept telling my husband I thought it was MSG poisoning. I knew she had been eating more and more processed foods over the past couple years. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't believe in MSG's toxicicity and didn't want to pass any of my concerns and suggestions on to her....because she had enough to worry about. I am also convinced that my mother was poisoned by MSG in the assisted living facility (mostly Alzheimer's sufferers). All the physically healthy residents were suddenly becoming ill and dying. My mother who had always been extremely strong and healthy lasted a year and a half. I know in my heart that if she had not been eating that awful MSG laden food she would not have deteriorated so fast.

I feel for each of you - your stories are heart wrenching. But the great news is that you have realized the dangers and are on the road to good health. Please keep posting and let us in on your triumphs, because you will all have them....and we all love to hear about them. Keep up the great work :-)
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 8:42 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Diane. That is so sad about your MIL. It scares me to think that one day I'll be in a nursing home and subject to their food. How would anyone have a choice in that situation? They would think I'm just some crazy paranoid old woman. If I ever win the lottery, I will include nursing homes as well as restaurants that serve nothing but real food.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, we all have a lot of living to do before we will need a nursing home and by that time, hopefully, the news will be out and MSG and it's cousins will be banned.
Sharon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 7:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a short update. For the first time in a long and very long time, I actually slept through the night without waking up due to dry mouth.
This as been such a distressing thing for me. Not your normal dry mouth, but the kind you felt like you were choking because your mouth was DESERT DRY.
I also believe I may have some major problems with Gluten and so, I am going in on Thursday to hopefuly talk to my doctor and get a test done for Cealic Sprue and allergery test for foods.
Besides MSG, I do think there is more going on.
My energy is still low, and the arthritis is still hurting, but not as bad.
I believe food plays a part in my arthritis.
Blessing to all who are in this struggle!
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Sharon. Have you been on the Celiac message board? Many will say that even though their tests came back negative, eliminating gluten resolved a lot of issues. Therefore, they believe the elimination "test" is more conclusive than a blood test. Not to say that you shouldn't get the test done, rather, if it comes back negative, you may want to try eliminating gluten for a period of time anyway. Do you know not to eliminate gluten before getting tested? Also, they talk a lot about the caisen (sp?) in milk being an issue.

I agree with you about food playing a vital part. Good luck and I hope you will post about how you are doing.
Sharon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 7:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lauren,
No, I have not been on the Celiac board. I should I guess.
I did not know about not eliminating gluten before testing. Yikes...I have had none at all in about a good week.
How many days would I need to have it in my system before the I do the test?
I hate the thought of even trying to eat it at this point.
My arthritis is under control and the inflamation is almost gone!
Milk so bothers me!!! I believe without a doubt this food stuff is causing my arthritis.
I read on the net about Celiac, and never knew Celiac could cause arthritis and also food allergies!
I have pretty much been on a diet of no MSG or any type of junk at all. Pure food...Organic to the best I can. No wheat or oats. LOTS of water.
I have had some Moz cheese in salad once in awhile.
So right now, Lots of brown rice, salads, fruits, veg and fruit smoothies. I took meat out just for a while. Meat can bother arthritis if you eat to much.
Last night I tried some air pop corn with organic butter, no salt in the butter.
I did not feel terrible, but I did feel my body was not happy with it. I felt a funny feeling. Hard to explain.
Anyway...What is Caisen in the Milk??
Do you have Celiac?
Thanks so much for the info.
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 10:48 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try this board for specific info on Celiac:
http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/
They could give you better advice as to whether or not a week will make a difference. I do feel though, that they will say that if you're feeling better by not eating wheat, to not start eating it again just for the test. They will likely also point out that you have a gluten sensitivity because you feel better by avoiding it. They can give you more info on the caisen also. I don't believe I have Celiacs (never been tested though), but I do have a sensitivity to gluten, so for now I'm just staying away from it.
sharon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 6:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Lauren, I will check it out!
God bless,
Sharon
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 7:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sharon, casein is the protein part of milk, as gluten is the protein part of wheat. The protein in both is comprised of several different amino acids, the most prominent being glutamate in a bound or natural state. Corn is also high in glutamate, though not as high as wheat. Corn and wheat are used to make MSG. Dry milk is used to make calcium caseinate, a cousin of MSG. It's often added to canned tuna instead of MSG...that way, the consumer does not know that MSG is actually present...more correctly, that free glutamate, the processed version of glutamate present in MSG, has been added. Many of us who are glutamate reactive, feel a lot better after eliminating or going easy on wheat and dairy for these reasons....especially commercial products (dairy and baked goods) since in addition to the present of naturally occurring glutamate (safer for most of us), they contain added sources of free form glutamate in the form of carrageenan, wheat gluten powder or flour, whey protein, soy flour and protein, dry whey powder, milk powder, dough conditions, corn syrup, vegetable gums as thickeners, corn starch, and more.
Sharon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 4:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi again,
Gosh, I have to say I am doing 100% better then I was three weeks ago!
My pain from the Arthritis is almost NOT, all inflamation is gone!
Since I have gone, Gluten and MSG free my body is regaining it's health in leaps and bounds!
This week alone I have been sled ridding three times!
I climb up and down the hills with no problem and my daugther in-law can't even keep up with me! :-)
It has not been easy with changing the way I eat...But, it is worth it.
I still have the dry mouth problem at night....but...I am thinking this could be due to caffine. I only have one cup of coffee a day, sometimes a little chocolate also.
I am going to have to go off all caffine and see if this helps.
I did the Celaic test, but it came back Neg. However, I did tell the doctor I was off gluten for almost two weeks...
He said with the new test it would show up no matter.
From all I have read, he is wrong.
I also fround out I have a neice who is Celiac, so it is in the family.
I really believe as time goes on I am going to feel like a million bucks!
God is so good!!
P.S.
I had bread today...Gluten free! I made it from scratch...banana bread! It was so good! Being gluten free is not all that hard if you take the time and effort to bake!
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 2:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sharon,

I'm glad to hear you are doing so much better. I think you are wise to give up caffeine and see if it helps. I do not tolerate caffeine very well. My husband was told by an Otologist that any excitotoxin (including caffeine) will exacerbate a condition called Tinnitus. Although I don't suffer from Tinnitus, I surmised that caffeine might be another trigger for my joint pain. When I cut out the caffeine my itchy head, and chest pressure disappeared and the joint pain decreased. And of course, when I eliminated MSG the pain further decreased.
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 5:48 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is so great to hear Sharon!! What an amazing recovery you are making. If you get a chance, please share your bananna bread recipe. Oh, and I agree with quitting the caffeine.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm posting your success story to share under another topic that we recently added....sharing our stories is a major help to so many newcomers here. SO happy to hear you are enjoying life again!!!
Sharon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 5:24 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Deb,
Thanks, it has been amazing!! I really in my heart thought I had no hope of ever being well again! Even the depression had lifted.
However,
One thing did just happen! When I made the banana bread of course I ate it for two days it was so darn good.
I started to get some of my symptoms back!

I was shocked, so then my daughter in-law came over and had some and started to feel sick.
She said, what did you put in this bread.
I followed a gluten free recipe and used all organic and gluten free items.
However, I used Xanthan Gum and that was the only thing I did not know a lot about.

Checking on the internet I seen that people who are gluten sensitive will have problems with this item!
I can only assume this was some of the problem.
I am just now starting to feel a bit better.

I guess I need to research gluten a bit more and not trust just because I am using a gluten free recipe that it is!
So, besides MSG sensitive, I also have to deal with gluten!
I would encourage anyone who is not yet feeling better after avoiding MSG to also try to avoid gluten and see if it helps.
I always new wheat and lots of grains (along with Milk) made me feel terrible!
And get this! When I went to the doctors my blood pressure was 98 over 60!!!! It has been running for YEARS, 130 to 140 over 80 or 90.
Now that is AMAZING!!!
I am learning to take care of this wonderful body God gave me!
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 6:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sharon, I'm in the same boat as you with the gluten. I love bread as much as anyone, but it's not worth it. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking I'll be able to have it periodically. I know I've had it before and have been fine, but as soon as I have it multiple days, it becomes a problem. Also, along with the gluten, I am trying not to have any one thing too frequently.
Sharon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Lauren,
That is great if you can eat it once in a while.
I don't think I can. But, that is ok...I will find a way to make some TRUE gluten free bread and that will make me happy. :-)
You are right, it sure is not worth it! Not to feel sick!
Life is looking so much better now. It just gives me hope that I am going to feel like a million bucks by summer!! :-)
We are going to get some chickens this year for eggs and probably some for eating. That will be hard ( to eat them, but so much more healthier since I know what is in them!)

We also are going to have a BIG garden and I plan on freezing, canning, and drying anything I can!
Lots of wild blueberries here, along with every other berry you can think of. Apples everywhere too!
My husband does hunt so I am learning to eat some of the wild meat which I never would before!
Also, I can't wait, this summer my daugther in-law and I are going to go fish out wild rice from the lakes! (we have tons of inland lakes surrounding us) Now how much fun will that be!
I live in Upper Michigan, WAY up NORTH! I live right by the great lakes! Winters can be rough, but our summers are awesome!
Have a great day Lauren!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Love reading your stories and ideas! May I suggest trying to make more quick style breads like biscuits, muffins, scones, and such, using part brown rice and part organic white flour such as Gold Medal, or white flour that doesn't contain malted barley flour or enzymes. If you are afraid to experiment with the wheat flour, try some of the other flours. Wheat pastry flour doesn't contain as much gluten as regular flour does and that works fine for baked goods other than yeast bread. Quick breads that use baking powder (recipe in the book) or baking soda instead of yeast are nice substitutes for yeast breads. One friend makes lots of waffles and freezes them. She uses them instead of bread for all kinds of sandwiches. I love biscuits and make them quite often...fast and easy compared to bread...and they still turn out quite well with different kinds of flour since gluten content is not important for them to rise. Sharon, love your part of the country..in the summer! Sounds like you have some exciting projects for food.
Sharon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Deb,
Yes, I will look into the quick style breads. Quick sounds good! Do you have any gluten free recieps that can be made in a bread maker?
My husband just bought me one and I am hoping to find something besides his bread to make in it for me! :-)
Have you ever been to Upper Michigan? It is beautiful in the summer and we do have lots of neat stuff that can be froze, canned and eaten that is good for you!
I have been learning from people who are older and of course lived here all thier lives, about all the wild herbs growing wild and free that I did not even know were here!
Yes, I do have some projects and I do look forward for the snow to melt and the sun to warm the ground up! Going to get the garden tilled and plant some GOOD, HEALTHY veggies!
Thanks again!!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 11:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, we have passed through your region of the country. I'm originally from Buffalo, N.Y., and have seen much of the East and Midwest. I don't have any gluten free recipes, but I'm sure there's plenty to find on the internet. That's so great about learning the the old timers...lots of wisdom and information to glean, I'm sure. We have 50 degrees here today in this S.E. corner of Washington state...makes me want to get the garden started. We actually can plant cool weather crops now. Don't have a huge garden, but sure enjoy the fruits of our labors.
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, I want to try the part rice flour/part organic flour idea. Would it be half and half? I tried making one recipe with ALL rice flour one time, and well, it basically exploded in my oven. Thanks!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, half and half. I use a little more wheat flour than rice flour now. I can tolerate wheat flour quite well and make yeast breads from it alone. But I like to mix in brown rice flour in other items. It's good for dredging chicken, too...so is the white rice flour.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page