Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Swelling..

Battling the MSG Myth » Share Your Symptoms » Swelling.. « Previous Next »

CherylA
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 9:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I too swell horribly and it was making by blood pressure go up. I've had an EKG and a heart stress test and all is well. I believe it is the MSG or sulfites. I can gain 3 lbs in one days. Ridiculous. No wonder it so hard to lose weight. I had dinner at my inlaws for my birthday and gained 2.5 lbs overnight. I kind of expected that.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CherylA, It is common for a person's weight to fluctuate by 3 or more pounds everyday, depending on a number of factors. I am petite and have had that much fluctuation, but it is just water weight.
CherylA
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Dianne. I realize the flucuation. I normally don't flucuate that much, only when I don't make my own food. If I really watch my MSG intake, I maintain or even lose weight. I was stupid today and tried Chipotles for lunch. Instant swelling and bloating. My legs are so tight they hurt, same for my waist. I knew it was MSG laden when I had instant chest pains. I could not find info on their website, that should have been my first clue. What a waste of time and money. I guess it is my own fault as I was in a hurry today and did not pack a good lunch.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CherylA, Doesn't it make you mad after the fact, when you realize you could have avoided the darn stuff. I know it does me.... but at the time it seems like an ok idea.
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 9:39 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I too have had a negative reaction to Chipotle's....
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 4:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My last meal at Chipotles put me in the hospital (this was before I learned about MSG and didn't connect the two at the time). It was the worst SVT attack I had ever had and my pulse was at 240 for almost an hour. I was driving home, so my pulse shot up from my resting rate of 70. By the time the ambulance got there I was on the verge of passing out from lack of oxygen (pretty scary when you're gulping air and getting none). Not fun and I'm never eating there again. Now I know why their food tastes so good.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page