Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Rash on inner thigh and itching in re...

Battling the MSG Myth » Share Your Symptoms » Rash on inner thigh and itching in rear end « Previous Next »

Lynn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the itching thing, too, It is always when I eat alot of sugar,, sugar feeds yeast, which may cause the itch....
Amy N.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 6:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a similar problem - eczema brought on by consumption of Nightshade foods. Usually shows up in areas that have contact-pressure, such as backs of thighs, posterior, and where my bra straps make contact. If I avoid Eggplant, bell peppers, hot peppers, uncooked tomatoes (cooking seems to reduce the capsaicin), and potato skins. It usually takes a week or so after I consume the trigger food for the rash to show up, and then about a week of Cortaid to get it to go away. Hope this helps.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amy, I had sever eczema for 30 years but always reacted within 24 hours. It must have been difficult to know what the trigger was with the rash taking so long to appear. How did you know?
Amy N.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 6:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dianne,

I'm a compulsive Googler. I just happened to hit on the right keyword search.

I've always had a natural aversion to Nightshades, and didn't really include many in my diet until after I got married and started fixing my own food - I was on WeightWatchers, and two out of five of their recipes at the time involved peppers or eggplant. After about six months of itching, I started to tie new spots to stress. Then after nine months I started to tie them to the Mexican food I was eating as a way of dealing with stressful situations. I knew my dad was allergic to eggplant, so out of curiosity I did a search on "peppers," "eggplant," and "eczema," and of course ended up with a slew of articles on Nightshade sensitivity. I stayed off nightshades until my spots cleared up, and then had another outbreak shortly after the next time I encountered peppers. Tada!

I still slip up sometimes and end up getting ahold of some cayenne or bell peppers if I'm not making my own food, but now that I'm making a majority of my own stuff due to the MSG thing there's less of a risk.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page